Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Recipe courtesy of P. Allen Smith These chocolaty confections are simple to prepare, yet elegant enough for any gathering. They are sweet, but not too sweet with the creamy consistency of a truffle.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 3⁄4 cup vanilla wafer, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry preserves
- powdered sugar
- toasted finely chopped slivered almonds
- unsweetened cocoa
- In a medium sized bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Place 1 cup of chocolate chips in a small sized microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for about 1 1/2 minutes. Remove the chocolate from the microwave. The chips may hold their form, but the will be soft. Stir well.
- Blend the melted chocolate in with the cream cheese.
- Stir the crushed wafers and preserves into the cream cheese and chocolate.
- Cover the bowl and chill for 1 hour.
- Shape the strawberry chocolate into 1 inch balls and roll in one of the following:.
- powdered sugar.
- toasted, finely chopped slivered almonds.
- unsweetened cocoa.
- Place each ball on a wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Cover the cookie sheet and refrigerate until firm.