1/3 Photos of Chocolate Stout Cake
1 hr 15 mins
I found a recipe for Chocolate Guinness Cake online at http://www.domesticgoddess.ca/recipes.php?recipe=10193 and tweaked it to suit the tastes of my family. They loved it! This is a very dark, rich, moist and heavy cake, so small slices are encouraged.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350F, and grease and line a 9 inch springform tin.
- 2Pour the stout into a large saucepan, and add the sliced butter.
- 3Heat until the butter is melted, and remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir in applesauce.
- 4Whisk in the cocoa and sugar.
- 5Beat the yogurt with the egg, yolks and vanilla, then pour into the saucepan. Stir well.
- 6Stir in the flour and baking soda with a spatula (batter will be thick and dense).
- 7Pour the batter into the greased and lined tin, and bake for an hour.
- 8Leave to completely cool in the tin - this is very important because it is quite a large, damp cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Stout Cake
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.5
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 48.6 mg
- Sodium 259.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 25.5 g
- Protein 4.1 g