1 hr 27 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
Another recipe from oetker Baking is Fun I love this book and I have to finish recording the recipes before returning the book its owner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 300 g flour
- 40 g ground nuts
- 30 g semisweet chocolate, grated
- 120 g sugar
- 9 g oetker vanilla sugar (1 pkg)
- 1 egg
- 300 g butter, cold
- 100 g semisweet chocolate
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F
- 2Grease a baking sheet.
- 3Blend the four, nuts and grated chocolate together on a pastry board.
- 4Make a well in the centre.
- 5Add sugar, vanilla sugar and egg to the well.
- 6Mix a littel to the dry ingredients into the egg mixture.
- 7Cut the cold butter into small pieces over the flour mixture.
- 8Work together all the ingredients quickly to make a smooth dough.
- 9Chill for 1/2 hour.
- 10Shape the dough into rolls about the thickness of a finger.
- 11Cut the rolls into 5 cm (2") pieces.
- 12Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 12 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 13Cool cookies.
- 15Melt the chocolate and butter in the top half of a double boiler, stirring until well blended and smooth.
- 16Dip the ends of the cooled cookies int the chocolate.
- 17Allow dipped cookies to cool on waxed paper until the chocolate has set.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Sticks
Serving Size: 1 (948 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 47.7
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 9.6 mg
- Sodium 18.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: