Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my husbands grandma's recipe. It is my husband's all time favorite homemade cookie!
Make and share this Chocolate Star Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup Crisco
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 48 brach chocolate stars (also known as chocolate rosettes or chocolate buds)
- Preheat overn to 375°.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together Crisco, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, water and vanilla until well mixed.
- Add the flour, baking soda & salt to the mixing bowl and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 9-11 minutes or until light brown.
- As soon as you remove the cookies from the oven, place a chocolate star on the top of each cookie.
These look yummy - but the picture looks like you used hershey kisses not stars?
Yummy! Brach's chocolate stars are hard to find (usually only around the holidays), so when I saw a bag, I grabbed them and made these cookies! Really enjoyed this version instead of the usual peanut butter based cookie. Used butter instead of shortening, which yields a soft cakey cookie that's slightly crisp on the outside. The family inhaled them! Be sure to allow plenty of time to cool or store in single layer conatiners, the stars take a long time to harden after baking and will be a mess if stacked. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I <3 (heart) these cookies!!! they are very very VERY good. The cookies them selves are so soft almost like cake. For best results and ultimate satisfaction... eat while the chocolate is still warm and melty.