This is the "Baby Brownies" recipe from the "New Basics Cookbook". My sister takes them to every potluck and they disappear! A friend of ours named them "Squares of Joy" because they are far above the usual brownie!
My Private Note
baby br ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Butter and flour an 8 inch square baking pan.
- 3Melt the chocolate in a small heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Add the syrup and stir well.
- 4Remove the pan from the heat and add the butter. Beat until the mixture is smooth.
- 5Stir in the vanilla and the eggs. Mix thoroughly.
- 6In a mixing bowl, sift together the sugar, salt, and flour. Add this to the chocolate mixture and blend thoroughly.
- 7Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and bake until just cooked--about 30 minutes.
- 8Allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan, then cut them into 1 inch squares and transfer to a serving plate.
- 9Note: 1 inch is the proper size for these brownies--they are extremely rich!
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Squares of Joy (Aka Baby Brownies)
Serving Size: 1 (680 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 45.3
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 10.4 mg
- Sodium 17.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 0.7 g