Recipe by Dwynnie
This is the "Baby Brownies" recipe from the "New Basics Cookbook". My sister takes them to every potluck and they disappear! A friend of ours named them "Squares of Joy" because they are far above the usual brownie!
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, good-quality
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate syrup (Dove ice cream topping, if you can find it)
- 8 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter and flour an 8 inch square baking pan.
- Melt the chocolate in a small heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Add the syrup and stir well.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the butter. Beat until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla and the eggs. Mix thoroughly.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the sugar, salt, and flour. Add this to the chocolate mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and bake until just cooked--about 30 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan, then cut them into 1 inch squares and transfer to a serving plate.
- Note: 1 inch is the proper size for these brownies--they are extremely rich!