Recipe by Spicy Gal
These are fun to serve with coffee for a touch elegance! Kids (8+ yrs.) get a kick out of making them. They are simple and quick. (The instructions only seem long written down...)
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) chocolate bars (dark or milk chocolate , according to your own preference)
- 1 ziploc bag (or other resealable plastic bag of similar weight, quart- or gallon-sized)
Directions See How It's Made
- You will also need: 8 spoons; 3 ballpoint pens (or other objects of similar diameter and length-- for propping up spoon handles); sharp scissors.
- Lay your spoons out on a counter side by side, resting the spoons' handles on the pens so that the spoon bowls are level (in other words, when you fill them with liquid, the liquid will be level with the edges of the spoon bowls).
- Microwave the chocolate in the bag until the chocolate is completely melted (keep in mind the bag will be used like a pastry bag, so try to keep the melted chocolate in one corner-- I put that corner in a mug, so it stays upright).
- Alternatively, you can dunk the corner of the bag containing the chocolate in boiling water, until the chocolate melts completely.
- Then with scissors, cut off a*tiny* piece of the corner of the bag (you don't want the chocolate to come out in a very big stream).
- Using it like a pastry bag, squirt a little chocolate into each spoon (you may have to tap the bottom of the spoon on the counter, to level out the dollop of chocolate).
- Allow the spoons to cool undisturbed for one hour, until the chocolate hardens-- you can then store them in a sealed plastic bag in the refrigerator for weeks (allow them to come to room temperature before serving, though, so they don't cool your coffee too much!).