1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Spicy Gal's Note:
These are fun to serve with coffee for a touch elegance! Kids (8+ yrs.) get a kick out of making them. They are simple and quick. (The instructions only seem long written down...)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) chocolate bars (dark or milk chocolate , according to your own preference)
- 1 ziploc bag (or other resealable plastic bag of similar weight, quart- or gallon-sized)
- 1You will also need: 8 spoons; 3 ballpoint pens (or other objects of similar diameter and length-- for propping up spoon handles); sharp scissors.
- 2Lay your spoons out on a counter side by side, resting the spoons' handles on the pens so that the spoon bowls are level (in other words, when you fill them with liquid, the liquid will be level with the edges of the spoon bowls).
- 3Microwave the chocolate in the bag until the chocolate is completely melted (keep in mind the bag will be used like a pastry bag, so try to keep the melted chocolate in one corner-- I put that corner in a mug, so it stays upright).
- 4Alternatively, you can dunk the corner of the bag containing the chocolate in boiling water, until the chocolate melts completely.
- 5Then with scissors, cut off a*tiny* piece of the corner of the bag (you don't want the chocolate to come out in a very big stream).
- 6Using it like a pastry bag, squirt a little chocolate into each spoon (you may have to tap the bottom of the spoon on the counter, to level out the dollop of chocolate).
- 7Allow the spoons to cool undisturbed for one hour, until the chocolate hardens-- you can then store them in a sealed plastic bag in the refrigerator for weeks (allow them to come to room temperature before serving, though, so they don't cool your coffee too much!).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Spoons
Serving Size: 1 (5 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 28.4
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 0.2 g