Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this while noodling around on the web and posted in response to a request for "chocolate splodge". Thought it sounded promising! Personally, I'd leave out the marshmallow goop.
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate flavored syrup
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- marshmallow cream or whipped cream, optional
- In small mixing bowl at high speed, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff but not dry, just until whites no longer slip when bowl is tilted.
- In small mixing bowl, at high speed, blend or beat yolks, milk, syrup, flour, and vanilla until smooth.
- Gently, but thoroughly, fold into beaten whites.
- Place 6 (6 ounces) lightly greased custard cups in large baking pan.
- Pour egg mixture into cups.
- Place pan on rack in preheated 350ºF oven.
- Pour very hot water into pan to within 1/2 inch of top of custards.
- Bake until puffed and cake tester or wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove promptly from hot water.
- Cool at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Top with a dollop of marshmallow fluff or whipped cream.
- Makes 6 servings.
I love chocolate, so naturally I would love this recipe. Didn't make any changes, and I prefer the whipped cream to the marshamallow cream for the topping. Thanks for posting.