Amy - Ellie's Mommie's Note:
Found this while noodling around on the web and posted in response to a request for "chocolate splodge". Thought it sounded promising! Personally, I'd leave out the marshmallow goop.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In small mixing bowl at high speed, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff but not dry, just until whites no longer slip when bowl is tilted.
- 2In small mixing bowl, at high speed, blend or beat yolks, milk, syrup, flour, and vanilla until smooth.
- 3Gently, but thoroughly, fold into beaten whites.
- 4Place 6 (6 ounces) lightly greased custard cups in large baking pan.
- 5Pour egg mixture into cups.
- 6Place pan on rack in preheated 350ºF oven.
- 7Pour very hot water into pan to within 1/2 inch of top of custards.
- 8Bake until puffed and cake tester or wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- 9Remove promptly from hot water.
- 10Cool at least 5 minutes before serving.
- 11Top with a dollop of marshmallow fluff or whipped cream.
- 12Makes 6 servings.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Sponge Custard
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.5
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 112.8 mg
- Sodium 72.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g