Recipe by Derf
Simple, easy and delicious! from Canadian Diabetes Association
Top Review by deedaas
This is a nice and light cake. I used it to make a low cal, low carb and low fat Tirimisu. Only you need to line just the bottom of the pan with waxed paper. I had some hanging over the side and the oven smoked up like crazy. I should have known better. All-in-all, I found this recipe easy and lightly tasting as I wanted.
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
Directions See How It's Made
- Line an 8 inch square or round cake pan with waxed paper.
- Place egg whites, cream of tartar and salt in a mixing bowl, beat with electric mixer until foamy.
- Beat in sugar gradually, continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Beat in egg yolks and vanilla.
- Combine flour and cocoa and fold lightly into egg mixture.
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake in 325 degree oven 25-30 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Loosen sides with a sharp knife.
- Turn out immediately onto a paper towel lined cake rack to cool.