Simple, easy and delicious! from Canadian Diabetes Association
Make and share this Chocolate Sponge Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Line an 8 inch square or round cake pan with waxed paper.
- Place egg whites, cream of tartar and salt in a mixing bowl, beat with electric mixer until foamy.
- Beat in sugar gradually, continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Beat in egg yolks and vanilla.
- Combine flour and cocoa and fold lightly into egg mixture.
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake in 325 degree oven 25-30 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Loosen sides with a sharp knife.
- Turn out immediately onto a paper towel lined cake rack to cool.