1/8 Photos of Chocolate Sponge Cake
Simple, easy and delicious! from Canadian Diabetes Association
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line an 8 inch square or round cake pan with waxed paper.
- 2Place egg whites, cream of tartar and salt in a mixing bowl, beat with electric mixer until foamy.
- 3Beat in sugar gradually, continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- 4Beat in egg yolks and vanilla.
- 5Combine flour and cocoa and fold lightly into egg mixture.
- 6Spread batter in prepared pan.
- 7Bake in 325 degree oven 25-30 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- 8Loosen sides with a sharp knife.
- 9Turn out immediately onto a paper towel lined cake rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Sponge Cake
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 52.7
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 27.6 mg
- Sodium 68.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 2.2 g