Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Ossg Recipes. When I make this recipe I do not plan to use the glaze.
Top Review by Maeve R
That was horrible! I'm sorry. It had a bitter aftertaste. If the people I made it for hadn't been close friends, I would have been embarrassed. It looked fine but the taste was awful. Taking this out of my cookbook.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup no-sugar-added apricot jam
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- To make sour milk, (combine 4 tsp (20 ml.) vinegar with 1 1/2 cups.
- (375 ml sweet milk).
- Mix flour, Spenda Granular, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in large mixing bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil. Beat on Medium for 1 minute until smooth. Spread in 2 - 8 inch (20 cm) layer cake pans. Bake at 350F (180C) for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pans and cool. Spread one layer with jam. Top with second layer. Glaze.
- For Glaze:.
- Combine cocoa powder, Splenda and cornstarch in saucepan. Whisk in 1/2 cup milk, then 1/4 cup corn syrup and 1 tsp vanilla. Stir to boiling, over medium heat. Simmer, stirring over low heat 1 minute, or until thick and glossy. Cool 5 minutes.