Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A rich, fudgy bundt cake baked with Jack Daniel's in the batter and studded with chocolate chips, chopped pecans, raisins, maraschino cherries and candied pineapple pieces. I simply couldn't resist--can you? Serve with a dollop of whipped cream. Adapted from Miss Mary Bobo's Boarding House Cookbook.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) packagedevil's food pudding cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup maraschino cherry, drained and halved
- 1 cup pineapple chunk, candied, halved
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- corn syrup (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup fluted tube or bundt pan.
- In a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the cake mix, Jack Daniel’s Whiskey, vanilla, sour cream and eggs on low speed until moistened then beat for 2 minutes on high speed.
- Stir in the pecans, raisins, maraschino cherries, pineapple chunks, and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until cake springs back when touched lightly in the center.
- Cool for 20 minutes.
- Turn out on a rack and cool completely.
- To serve, brush warm corn syrup on the top for a glossy finish (optional).
- Slice thinly for serving.
- STORING: Cake will keep for two weeks wrapped tightly in foil or plastic and stored in the refrigerator.