1 hr 15 mins
A rich, fudgy bundt cake baked with Jack Daniel's in the batter and studded with chocolate chips, chopped pecans, raisins, maraschino cherries and candied pineapple pieces. I simply couldn't resist--can you? Serve with a dollop of whipped cream. Adapted from Miss Mary Bobo's Boarding House Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package devil's food pudding cake mix
- 1/3 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup maraschino cherry, drained and halved
- 1 cup pineapple chunk, candied, halved
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- corn syrup (optional)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Grease and flour a 12-cup fluted tube or bundt pan.
- 3In a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the cake mix, Jack Daniel’s Whiskey, vanilla, sour cream and eggs on low speed until moistened then beat for 2 minutes on high speed.
- 4Stir in the pecans, raisins, maraschino cherries, pineapple chunks, and chocolate chips.
- 5Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- 6Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until cake springs back when touched lightly in the center.
- 7Cool for 20 minutes.
- 8Turn out on a rack and cool completely.
- 9To serve, brush warm corn syrup on the top for a glossy finish (optional).
- 10Slice thinly for serving.
- 11STORING: Cake will keep for two weeks wrapped tightly in foil or plastic and stored in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Spirit Fruitcake
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.0
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 56.4 mg
- Sodium 328.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 43.4 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: