My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350º.
- 2Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt, stirring well with a whisk.
- 3Place shortening in a large mixing bowl; beat with a heavy-duty mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- 4Gradually add the granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until well blended. Add vanilla and egg white; beat well.
- 5Add flour mixture; beat until well blended.
- 6Turn dough out onto wax paper; shape into a 6-inch log. Wrap log in wax paper. Freeze 2 hours or until very firm.
- 7Cut log into 24 (1/4-inch) slices, and place slices 1 inch apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- 8Bake at 350º for 10 minutes or until set. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
- 9Combine powdered sugar and milk in a medium bowl; stir well with a whisk until smooth.
- 10Spoon into a small zip-top plastic bag; seal. Snip a tiny hole in 1 corner of bag. Working with 1 cookie at a time, pipe 3 concentric circles onto each cookie.
- 11Starting at center circle, pull a wooden pick through other circles at regular intervals to create a "web.".
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Spiderweb Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (680 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1312.7
- Calories from Fat 335
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 1.7 mg
- Sodium 502.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 243.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 186.0 g
- Protein 11.8 g