Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A cute Halloween idea.
Make and share this Chocolate Spiders recipe from Food.com.
- 8 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- shoestring black licorice or shoestring red licorice
- 24 small candy-coated chocolates, round
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate for 2 minutes at 50% power, stirring after 1 minute. Stir until melted; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in marshmallows. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Cut licorice into 2-in. pieces; press eight pieces into each mound for legs. Press two chocolate balls into each for eyes. Refrigerate until firm, about 20 minutes.
These were great! I halved the recipe and my 4 year old put the eyes on. I did as someone else said and put the licorice on the cookie sheet, then dropped the chocolate and marshmallows on top, that worked great! These were super tasty and fun for Halloween! Thanks for this one!
I thought these were very easy to make and my co-workers loved them. One told me the next day that his son enjoyed telling his friends that he ate a chocolate-covered spider. I used red-hots for eyes and chocolate sprinkles to make the spiders look hairy. I thought I might try using candy corn for fangs next time, too. Simple, tasty and fun!
Very tasty, fairly easy (but very messy) to make. Kid pleasing and as good tasting as they look. I found it easier to set the licorice pieces down first, then top the blobs of chocolate mixture on top.