Recipe by Engrossed
Since my Chocolate Peppermint Tea has received rave reviews...I decided to play with another favorite flavor combo...cinnamon and chocolate...Yum! Any strong brewed cinnamon flavored tea should work or chai. My favorite is Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice...I love it with just Splenda and creamer too...it tastes like hot cinnamon candies!
Top Review by Darkhunter
Unfortunately, I didn't have any bengal spice tea, so used chai spice black tea. This was pretty good hot, but I enjoyed it even more served cold. I did omit the whipped cream and extra chocolate syrup for the cold drink. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Engrossed. Made for Comfort Cafe Snow Queen Chalet Jan 2010.
- 226.79 g water
- 1 bengal spice tea bag
- 44.37-59.16 ml chocolate syrup (I used Hershey's)
- Splenda sugar substitute or sugar, to taste
- 29.58-44.37 ml non-dairy coffee creamer or 29.58-44.37 ml cream
- whipped cream, to top
- chocolate syrup, to top
- crushed ice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave water in a mug until hot.
- Place tea bag in hot water and steep for a few minutes until strong. Discard tea bag.
- Stir in chocolate syrup, Splenda and creamer. Reheat if desired.
- Pour over crushed ice in a tall glass if desired.
- Top with whipped cream and drizzled chocolate syrup.