Prep 3 mins
Cook 12 mins
I run a busy college schedule and I need a breakfast with some 'pep' to get me up and going in the mornings and can cater to my equipment limitation (Dorms only allow microwaves). I spend my extra computer time browsing through different recipes and patched together this recipe from everything I've read. I'm a major health nut, so this oatmeal is not only tasty, but very good for you. Enjoy. The soy milk gives the oatmeal a satisfying, nutty taste!
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large breakfast bowl.
- Pour water on oats and spices, mix well, microwave for three minutes.
- Stir in soy milk then let sit cooling for about five minutes.
- Microwave for three more minutes (watch to make sure it doesn't overflow).
- Let cool for a few minutes (to thicken) and serve.
- TIP: You can add your favorite (prepared) sugar free pudding to add extra sweet and thickness to your oatmeal, I use 1/4 cup of JELLO Butterscotch.
This is an easy recipe, but I think it is a bit heavy on the cinnamon. I would reverse the amounts of cinnamon and cocoa. 2 teaspoons of cinnamon gave it a bitter edge. Made for Spring 2008 PAC.