1/1 Photo of Chocolate-Spice Oatmeal
I run a busy college schedule and I need a breakfast with some 'pep' to get me up and going in the mornings and can cater to my equipment limitation (Dorms only allow microwaves). I spend my extra computer time browsing through different recipes and patched together this recipe from everything I've read. I'm a major health nut, so this oatmeal is not only tasty, but very good for you. Enjoy. The soy milk gives the oatmeal a satisfying, nutty taste!
My Private Note
large b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all dry ingredients in a large breakfast bowl.
- 2Pour water on oats and spices, mix well, microwave for three minutes.
- 3Stir in soy milk then let sit cooling for about five minutes.
- 4Microwave for three more minutes (watch to make sure it doesn't overflow).
- 5Let cool for a few minutes (to thicken) and serve.
- 6TIP: You can add your favorite (prepared) sugar free pudding to add extra sweet and thickness to your oatmeal, I use 1/4 cup of JELLO Butterscotch.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Spice Oatmeal
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.4
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light vanilla soymilk