Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
These cookies are amazing. The spices and chocolate go very well together!! These are very easy cookies to make, and I usually have most of the ingredients on hand. Enjoy
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter two cookie sheets.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl.
- Beat the butter, and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until creamy. Add the egg yolk, beating until just blended.
- Mix in dry ingredients.
- Drop teaspoons of dough 1 inch apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 min, or until firm around the edges.
- Transfer to racks to cool.
I liked this recipe but did make some changes. I added more cocoa powder and also added cinnamon and cloves to up the spice factor. In reading the other review I noticed they tended to be dry so I used a whole egg instead of just the yolk and that seemed to work, they ended up tasty, soft and chewy.
I amde these cookies the other night and they were very easy (though quite a dense dough) to make and turned out ok but they were neither chocolaty nor spicy! They are nice and crumbly, like a tea cookie and I'll enjoy eating them but don't think I'll make them again.