Recipe by Mirj
Not your regular run-of-the-mill chocolate chip cookie. Funnily enough, in Israel, Spanish peanuts are called American peanuts.
Top Review by kandie desell
These cookies were so easy to make. I made them for company and everyone loved them. The cookie itself had a light texture, the chips and peanuts put them over the edge!!!!! a must try!
- 2⁄3 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup Spanish peanut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine the butter and sugar, and, using an electric mixer, beat until light and creamy.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla and continue to mix for 2 minutes.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between each mound of dough.
- Bake until set, 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool for several minutes on the baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack.
- The cookies will be soft and chewy.