Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Inspired by the San Francisco Chronicle article "Fresh titles ripe for the picking" by Karola Saekel, Chronicle Staff writer on Wednesday 2006-06-07. This is a simple, lower-calorie version of a great summer treat. And (most times) it's far cheaper to make it than buy it.
- 4 1⁄2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 cups soymilk
- 6 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over hot water and transfer to a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the soymilk, sugar, and canola oil.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder and salt.
- Pour 1 cup of the soymilk mixture into the chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in remaining mixture.