1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Barb in WNY's Note:
A simple cake made from scratch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer about 2 minutes or until soft and creamy.
- 2Gradually add sugars, beating at medium speed 5 to 7 minutes.
- 3Add eggs, one at a time, beating until yellow disappears.
- 4Combine flour, baking soda, and cocoa; add to creamed mixture, alternately with sour cream and ending with flour mixture.
- 5Mix at lowest speed just until blended after each addition.
- 6Stir in vanilla.
- 7Spoon batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- 8Bake at 325°F for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 9Cool pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack.
- 10Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Sour Cream Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.0
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 108.0 mg
- Sodium 144.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 39.0 g
- Protein 5.3 g