Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
A simple cake made from scratch.
Make and share this Chocolate Sour Cream Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer about 2 minutes or until soft and creamy.
- Gradually add sugars, beating at medium speed 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until yellow disappears.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and cocoa; add to creamed mixture, alternately with sour cream and ending with flour mixture.
- Mix at lowest speed just until blended after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
I made this cake last night for food day at work. I brought it in this morning and it was gone in no time. It is dense and chocolatey and moist. Really worth the effort.
There is only one problem...is said to add baking soda, but gave no amount. So I put in a teaspoon of baking soda and it seems to have worked out fine.