Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A rich chocolate pound cake that is good plain, or served with fruit topping or ice cream.
Make and share this Chocolate Sour Cream Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml butter
- 709.77 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 6 eggs
- 709.77 ml flour
- 88.74 ml cocoa
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- Cream sugar and butter until light.
- Add soda and vanilla.
- Add one egg at a time, alternating with small amounts of flour until all the flour and eggs are used.
- Add cocoa and sour cream. Mix until just blended.
- Pour into greased and floured tube cake pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1 1/2 hours or until done.
Made for Help a Camera-less Chef Game #5 (June 2008) ~ This cake has a light chocolate flavor and tastes great, but I feel I overbaked it ~ the top was crusty, making it a little crumbly when sliced ~ next time I will check it at 1 hour and 20 minutes ~ thanks ElaineAnn!