A super yummy, super easy recipe! Use fat free sour cream & fat free whipped topping if you like... it still tastes great. To give it that fancy look, use the back of a spoon to "spike" up the whipped topping, then sprinkle with chocolate shavings!
- In mixing bowl, beat sour cream and milk together until smooth.
- Gradually add pudding and beat until thoroughly combined and slightly thickened.
- Fold 1 1/2 cups whipped topping into chocolate mixture.
- Pour filling into graham shell. Top with remaining whipped topping. If desired, "spike" up the whipped topping with the back of a spoon and sprinkle with chocolate curls.
- Chill until firm, about 2 to 3 hours.
This was delicious!! Seemed like it was a mousse in a pie shell because it is light and smooth... but big on flavor.<br/>I only gave it 4 stars instead of 5 because the graham cracker crust was too rich and sweet for this pie. Next time I will use a regular pie crust instead making the chocolate cream filling the star rather than the crust taking over like the graham cracker did.
This is AWESOME and I have to tell you, I used low fat sour cream, sugar free instant pudding, sugar free cool whip and for the crust I some sugar free grahams I had found. It was amazing, It tasted rich, creamy, sweet and very satisifying. I can only imagine how good Lori's recipe tastes. Thanks Lori!
OMG - this pie was incredible! It is so easy, too. I made this exactly as posted, using a devil's food instant chocolate pudding. It was rich and delicious. I will definitely be making this again. Thanks for sharing! Made for Fall PAC 2011.