Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a delicious chocolate frosting that is not too sweet. It is equally good on chocolate or yellow cakes, and the only frosting I use for my chocolate sauerkraut cake.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (6oz pkg)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2-2 3⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- In a small sauce pan, over low heat, melt chocolate and butter together, stirring until smooth.
- Remove pan from heat, blend in sour cream, vanilla and salt.
- Gradually add enough confectioner's sugar to make frosting a spreading consistancy.
- Beat together well (by hand).
- Spread on cooled cake.
Super yum and easy, too!
So good! Good blend of salty and sweet.
Easy (I melted chips and butter in microwave) to make, easy to spread and sets up beautifully. Not too hard but not sticky so it's great if you are transporting the cake. I like the taste of other frostings better but this one gets five stars for looks, texture, etc.