1/1 Photo of Chocolate Sour Cream Frosting
This is a delicious chocolate frosting that is not too sweet. It is equally good on chocolate or yellow cakes, and the only frosting I use for my chocolate sauerkraut cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small sauce pan, over low heat, melt chocolate and butter together, stirring until smooth.
- 2Remove pan from heat, blend in sour cream, vanilla and salt.
- 3Gradually add enough confectioner's sugar to make frosting a spreading consistancy.
- 4Beat together well (by hand).
- 5Spread on cooled cake.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Sour Cream Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (647 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1307.3
- Calories from Fat 536
- Total Fat 59.5 g
- Saturated Fat 36.1 g
- Cholesterol 90.9 mg
- Sodium 842.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 205.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 194.7 g
- Protein 4.9 g