1 hr 30 mins
This one of the best coffee cakes I've ever made! Hope you enjoy it, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2For cake, cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until fluffy.
- 3Add eggs beating until smooth.
- 4In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 5Gradually add dry ingredients to creamed mixture, blending well.
- 6Gently fold in sour cream and vanilla.
- 7Combine topping ingredients in small bowl, set aside.
- 8For chocolate glaze, melt chocolate chips and butter in small saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- 9Sprinkle 2 Tbl. topping in bottom of greased and floured 9" tube pan.
- 10Spoon half of the cake batter into pan.
- 11Sprinkle 4 Tbl. topping over cake batter.
- 12Drizzle half of glaze over topping.
- 13Spoon remaining batter into pan.
- 14Sprinkle with remaining topping.
- 15Reserve remaining glaze.
- 16Bake 1-1 1/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- 17Cool in pan.
- 18Transfer to a serving plate.
- 19Reheat remaining glaze and drizzle over cake.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Sour Cream Coffee Cake W/Topping and Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 533.8
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 94.5 mg
- Sodium 194.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 39.7 g
- Protein 5.1 g