Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This one of the best coffee cakes I've ever made! Hope you enjoy it, too!
Make and share this Chocolate Sour Cream Coffee Cake W/Topping and Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For cake, cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Add eggs beating until smooth.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to creamed mixture, blending well.
- Gently fold in sour cream and vanilla.
- Combine topping ingredients in small bowl, set aside.
- For chocolate glaze, melt chocolate chips and butter in small saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Sprinkle 2 Tbl. topping in bottom of greased and floured 9" tube pan.
- Spoon half of the cake batter into pan.
- Sprinkle 4 Tbl. topping over cake batter.
- Drizzle half of glaze over topping.
- Spoon remaining batter into pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining topping.
- Reserve remaining glaze.
- Bake 1-1 1/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Reheat remaining glaze and drizzle over cake.