Recipe by dojemi
This should be named "I Can't Stop Eating It Chocolate Sour Cream Coffee Cake".
Top Review by LuuvBunny
Yum is all I can say.This makes a great cake and quite a big one.I was surprised at how much it rose.It is very tasty and simple to make.The only change I would make next time would be to try using brown sugar in the streusel as the white sugar was quite crunchy on the top.Great recipe though!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 2 (2 ounce) packages chocolate, melted
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one-at-a-time.
- Gradually add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- When dry ingredients are completely blended, add the sour cream& vanilla.
- Fold in the chocolate bits.
- Prepare streusal by mixing all ingredients together.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into prepared loaf or tube pan.
- Top with 1/2 of the streusal.
- Add remaining batter on top of streusal.
- Top with with remaining streusal.
- Bake for one (1) hour at 350 degrees.