Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Use your favorite chopped nut in place of pistachios, if you prefer. But, I love, love, love pistachios. Recipe is from Cooking Light.
- cooking spray
- 7 tablespoons sugar, divided (plus 1 tsp.)
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3 large egg whites
- 4 teaspoons pistachio nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coat 4 (6-oz.) ramekins or custard cups with cooking spray, and dust each ramekin with 1 teaspoons sugar. Place on a baking sheet.
- Combine chocolate, butter and 3 tablespoons sugar in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat until melted. Add cocoa, flour and salt, stirring with a whisk until blended. Gradually stir in milk; cook over medium heat until mixture thickens (about 3 minutes), stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Cool.
- Beat egg whites with a mixer at high speed until foamy. Add remainining 3 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoons at a time, beating until still peaks form. Gently fold one-fourth of egg white mixture into chocolate mixture; repeat procedure with remaining egg white mixture, one-fourth at a time. Spoon into prepared ramekins, sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoons nuts. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 20 minutes. Serve immediately.