Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
I got this simple dessert recipe from one of my favourite cook book. Serve immediately with vanilla ice-cream, mmmm!!!........delicious.
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar
- 200 g dark chocolate, chopped (eating chocolate)
- 50 g butter, chopped
- 3 egg yolks
- 7 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar, extra
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Grease ten 1/2 cup ovenproof dishes with softened butter. Place sugar in one of the dishes, turn dish to coat base and side. Tip excess sugar into next dish, repeat with all dishes. Place dishes on oven tray.
- Combine chocolate and butter in large heatproof bowl over pan of simmering water, ensuring that water does not touch bottom of bowl, stir until melted. Remove bowl from heat, stir in egg yolks.
- Beat egg whites in large bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form, gradually add extra sugar, beating until dissolved.
- Using a balloon whisk, gently fold half of the egg-white mixture into chocolate mixture, then gently fold in the remainder of the egg-white mixture.
- Divide souffle mixture among dishes. Bake uncovered for about 12 minutes in preheated oven to moderately hot 180°C.