Dragonfly AZ's Note:
This is the classic hot fudge pudding cake with a twist--it starts with a cake mix and has mini marshmallows that give it more of a souffle-like finish--without the souffle worries! Best served warm, but can be stored for up to a week in the fridge--the sauce on the bottom of the cake will just be thicker. Works best with a cake mix, such as Duncan Hines, that does not have pudding in the mix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375. Spray a 13x9 inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- 2Scatter marshmallows evenly over bottom of pan.
- 3Place the cake mix, 1 1/3 c water, and eggs in mixing bowl. Mix on low speed for 1 minute, scraping sides frequently.
- 4Increase mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more. Pour batter over marshmallows in prepared pan.
- 5Mix brown sugar and cocoa together and sprinkle evenly over the batter.
- 6Carefully pour boiling water over the batter and place pan in oven.
- 7Bake just until cake is firm around the edges, but still jiggly in the middle, and the sauce is starting to bubble up around the edges, about 45-50 minutes.
- 8Remove from oven and cool for 20 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Souffle Pudding Cake
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.9
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 39.6 mg
- Sodium 293.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 42.3 g
- Protein 3.7 g