Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the classic hot fudge pudding cake with a twist--it starts with a cake mix and has mini marshmallows that give it more of a souffle-like finish--without the souffle worries! Best served warm, but can be stored for up to a week in the fridge--the sauce on the bottom of the cake will just be thicker. Works best with a cake mix, such as Duncan Hines, that does not have pudding in the mix.
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray a 13x9 inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Scatter marshmallows evenly over bottom of pan.
- Place the cake mix, 1 1/3 c water, and eggs in mixing bowl. Mix on low speed for 1 minute, scraping sides frequently.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more. Pour batter over marshmallows in prepared pan.
- Mix brown sugar and cocoa together and sprinkle evenly over the batter.
- Carefully pour boiling water over the batter and place pan in oven.
- Bake just until cake is firm around the edges, but still jiggly in the middle, and the sauce is starting to bubble up around the edges, about 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 20 minutes before serving.