Adopted from the RecipeZaar account. I haven't made these yet. "A rich cake based on a French-countryside recipe from restaurant consultant Rozanne Gold. Made without butter, and with cocoa powder instead of chocolate, the cake is like a souffle that rises, then sinks as it cools."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Line bottom of 8-inch springform pan with 2-3/4-inch high sides with parchment paper.
- 2Spread pan and paper with vegetable oil spray.
- 3Sprinkle pan with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- 4Finely grind nuts with 2 tablespoons sugar in processor.
- 5Transfer nut mixture to large bowl.
- 6Mix in 10 tablespoons sugar and cocoa, then oil.
- 7Using electric mixer, beat egg whites and salt in large bowl until soft peaks form.
- 8Fold whites into cocoa mixture in 3 additions.
- 9Spoon batter into prepared pan; smooth top.
- 10Bake until cake puffs and tester inserted into center comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 30 minutes.
- 11Cool cake in pan on rack about 30 minutes.
- 12(Cake may fall.) Cut around pan sides to loosen cake.
- 13Remove sides of pan and cool cake completely.
- 14Sprinkle cake with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Souffle Cake
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.8
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 67.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 20.1 g
- Protein 5.4 g