Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
made this for the first time last night and it is so light and yummy
- 100 g caster sugar
- 40 g cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 6 egg whites
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- preheat oven to 190
- grease 4 x 250m rammekins and dust the insides with extra caster sugar.
- place cocoa, coffee and 1/3 C water in a saucepan and stir over a low heat till dissolved. Increase heat to medium high and simmer 2 minutes set aside and cool 5 mins.
- whisk the egg whites until soft peaks. add the sugar and cream of tarter and beat till stiff peaks.
- gently fold a little of the egg whites into the mocha mixture, then add all of the mocha mix into the egg whites and mix til just combined.
- spoon the mixture into the prepared rammekins, filling to the top. transfer to a baking tray and bake 10 - 12 mins or until risen.
- serve immediately.