Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
This is a very rich and chocolatey sorbet. It is best to use a mild flavor Dutch process powder, but you can use regular also. From Cuisine at Home.
- 551.25 ml water
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 177.44 ml cocoa powder
- 113.39 g bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in a saucepan, stirring often to dissolve the sugar.
- Whisk in cocoa powder until smooth.
- Bring to a boil; simmer for 1 minute.
- Pour cocoa mixture over the chopped chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Add vanilla, cover and chill until cold.
- Freeze this mixture in an ice cream maker according to your manufacturer's instructions.
- When frozen, transfer to a freezer container, press a piece of wax paper to the top and freeze until firm, for at least 3 hours.
Rich! This is for Chocolate Lovers! Great to share betwen Lovers for Valentines Day! I used 1 tray of ice cubes and 1 glass of cold water in place of the 2 1/3 cups water. Put all the ingredients in my vita mix. Blender till smooth. Placed in the freezer for a couple of hours stirring every hour till nice and thick. I used this method because I don`t own an ice cream maker. Just goes to show it can be done! I didn`t even have to shop for any ingredients. It`s good to know something this delish can be made with what we have in our cupboards. Delish!