Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicious chocolaty frozen dessert that's low in fat and dairy-free! Uses your electric ice cream maker. Cook time includes freezing time.
- Cook sugar in dry saucepan without stirring until it begins to melt.
- Over very low heat, stir occasionally with a fork and continue cooking until all sugar is melted and it's just starting to turn a very light caramel brown (not dark brown).
- Add water - it will bubble and sizzle a lot! Use caution and cook and whisk constantly over very low heat until caramel is dissolved in the water.
- Whisk in cocoa and salt until dissolved.
- Transfer to a bowl to cool, stir it occasionally.
- Stir in vanilla then chill about 2 hours.
- Freeze in your ice cream maker then transfer to your freezer to harden.