4 hrs 15 mins
A delicious chocolaty frozen dessert that's low in fat and dairy-free! Uses your electric ice cream maker. Cook time includes freezing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook sugar in dry saucepan without stirring until it begins to melt.
- 2Over very low heat, stir occasionally with a fork and continue cooking until all sugar is melted and it's just starting to turn a very light caramel brown (not dark brown).
- 3Add water - it will bubble and sizzle a lot! Use caution and cook and whisk constantly over very low heat until caramel is dissolved in the water.
- 4Whisk in cocoa and salt until dissolved.
- 5Transfer to a bowl to cool, stir it occasionally.
- 6Stir in vanilla then chill about 2 hours.
- 7Freeze in your ice cream maker then transfer to your freezer to harden.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Sorbet
Serving Size: 1 (1035 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1139.4
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 609.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 286.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.4 g
- Sugars 251.9 g
- Protein 12.6 g