Recipe by FBrogersbros
this is a garnish we use in the restaurant kitchen in the UK...use it to top ice-cream, mix it with natural yogurt and enjoy
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. heat the sugar and water in a pan.
- 2. cut the Plain chocolate into small pellets about the size of a finger nail.
- 3. when the sugar reaches 130 degrees celsius / 266 fahrenheit.
- note: if you haven't got thermometer wait until all sugar dissolved and starting to change medium brown colour.
- 4. then take off the heat.
- 5. get a whisk, add the chocolate bits and stir with the whisk.
- 6. make sure all the sugar coats the chocolate and stir for about 2 minutes.
- 7.the mix sticks to the side of the pan don't worry.
- 8. empty out the mixture to a container.
- 9. pour hot water into the pan with the whisk and boil until the mixture starts to dissolve. it makes it easier to clean.
- 10. you can add different chocolate flavours if you like and spices.