Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
Old-fashioned soda fountain drinks are almost entirely a matter of history now w/all the new beverage varieties. I still remember them fondly from my college dys when they were already disappearing from sight & long for the spec treat they were "back then". This satisfying concoction was born out of my desire to revisit that genre, but w/greater concern for my "hip health" than I had in those dys. *Enjoy* !
- 2 scoops vanilla frozen yogurt
- 4 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- club soda (to fill glass) or tonic water (to fill glass) or Sprite Zero (to fill glass)
- In a tall glass, start by placing 1 lrg scoop of frozen vanilla yogurt & drizzle 2 tbsp chocolate syrup over it. Repeat the same process w/the 2nd scoop of frozen yogurt.
- Fill the glass by slowly pouring Club Soda, Tonic Water or Sprite Zero over the yogurt & chocolate syrup (I use Sprite Zero). Serve w/a long-handled spoon & enjoy!
- NOTE: For those of you able to ignore "hip health" & who want to dress this up a bit, feel free to top w/a dollop of whipped cream & even add some chocolate shavings as options, but it's a treat for me w/o them.
This is yummy! It was so simple and very tasty. You wouldn't know it was a "light" drink! Thanks for sharing!
Yummy! Such a simple ad tasty treat. I did use ice cream instead of frozen yogurt just because I already had the ice cream in the freezer. I used sprite zero too. This is perfect for the whole family...a real kid pleaser I'm sure. I will keep this in mind for a summertime "cool-down". (If summer ever gets here!) Thanks for posting. Made for Football Pool 2008. Congrats on the win!
Fantastic!! Oh my, this was good. I used a low-fat French Vanilla ice cream and club soda. Simple, easy, and wonderful. Thanks for the memories, MP. And.. congrats on your Football win for Week #15.