Recipe by twissis
Old-fashioned soda fountain drinks are almost entirely a matter of history now w/all the new beverage varieties. I still remember them fondly from my college dys when they were already disappearing from sight & long for the spec treat they were "back then". This satisfying concoction was born out of my desire to revisit that genre, but w/greater concern for my "hip health" than I had in those dys. *Enjoy* !
- 2 scoops vanilla frozen yogurt
- 4 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- club soda (to fill glass) or tonic water (to fill glass) or Sprite Zero (to fill glass)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a tall glass, start by placing 1 lrg scoop of frozen vanilla yogurt & drizzle 2 tbsp chocolate syrup over it. Repeat the same process w/the 2nd scoop of frozen yogurt.
- Fill the glass by slowly pouring Club Soda, Tonic Water or Sprite Zero over the yogurt & chocolate syrup (I use Sprite Zero). Serve w/a long-handled spoon & enjoy!
- NOTE: For those of you able to ignore "hip health" & who want to dress this up a bit, feel free to top w/a dollop of whipped cream & even add some chocolate shavings as options, but it's a treat for me w/o them.