Prep 4 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is simply good. If you like a mint flavor just add 1/8 tsp of peppermint extract. This is also easy to double-up on.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 8 -12 ounces seltzer water or 8 -12 ounces club soda
- In a tall glass, combine the sugar and the cocoa.
- Add the milk and stir until well blended.
- Slowly pour in the seltzer, pausing to allow some bubbles to disappear to prevent overflowing the glass.
- Serve immediately with long handled spoon and a straw.
I make this with diet cream soda, its wonderful!
I LOVE this drink! But I gave it 4 stars because it wasn't that flavorful and I didn't LOVE it until I made a few changes: The cocoa powder wasn't doing it for me - not chocolatey enough and gave the drink a grainy texture. I, instead, used Sweet n Low sugar free chocolate syrup (only 20 cals per 2 tbsp!! Found it at my local Shop Rite. They also have Strawberry and Vanilla - both have ZERO calories!!) I usually leave out the sugar and it's fine and I've used lite soy milk. I even use the other syrups and utilize my extensive extract collection to come up with different concoctions. Good stuff now! Thanks for leading the way to my new nightly drink! I even freeze it and shave the surface every half hour or so and end up with a granita-slushie-type drink. Yum!
This is something very unusual - not a common beverage, you know, but it's the perfect thing to drink when your doing the happy dance! Haha! I used low-fat milk(to make it slightly guilt free) and club soda. I liked it with a touch of peppermint extract - the suggestion to add peppermint is a good one. Thank you for sharing something very unique and good!