Recipe by graceful_thinking
This pie was invented by mistake as I thought I was using gooseberries, not boysenberries. It turned out delicious and tastes like a chocolate covered cherry. =] The chocolate graham cracker crust can be substituted for a regular pie crust.
- 3 cups boysenberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar (give or take)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 chocolate graham wafer pie crust
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (separated into 2 half cups)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips in glass container in microwave with margarine(about 45 seconds).
- Pour chocolate into crust and cover sides and bottom. Note: DO NOT TILT PIE CRUST IF USING GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST! IT WILL BREAK!
- Put pie crust in refrigerator so chocolate will harden.
- Combine boysenberries, sugar, water, flour, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a saucepan and cook until thick and hot.
- Pour into crust and put back into the refrigerator.
- When pie filling has become firm, melt the remaining chocolate and spread over top of pie so the boysenberries are "snuggled" between the two layers of chocolate.
- Let pie chill until top layer of chocolate has hardened.
- Note: You may want to cut the pieces small because this pie is very rich.