Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The preparation and cooking time excludes the chilling time!
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla essence or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 dash salt
- Melt chips with milk, 2 T butter, vanilla essence and salt.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread evenly into a foil-lined 8" or 9" pan.
- Melt marshmallows with the remaining butter.
- Spread on top of the fudge.
- With a table knife or metal spatula, swirl through the top of the fudge.
- Chill for atleast 2 hours or until firm.
- Turn fudge onto a cutting board.
- Peel off the foil and cut into squares.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature.
- Serve on a weekend dinner and make it really special for the ones eating it!
I made this for Christmas a few years ago and it was so good, rich & sweet just like fudge should be!