Recipe by Mirj
This makes A LOT of cookies, perfect for gift-giving.
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
I halved this recipe and made it today. It was well enjoyed by all of us at home and I plan on making it again on 24th October this year, it being my mom and dad's 25th Wedding Anniversary! Today being the most 'SPECIAL' day of my life(as I met my BF on this day on ICQ on the internet for the very first time at 8pm on today's day, exactly 4 years back), I'd saved this recipe right from the moment you posted it just for TODAY! Thank You, Mirj! This is indeed what I'll give him to eat when he returns home back to tie the knot! This will be the 'perfect' shot at his stomach! This recipe indeed, IMHO, justifies the saying, "The way to every man's heart is through his stomach!".
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sifted powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, oil, and melted chocolate in a large mixing bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add about one-fourth of dry mixture at a time to chocolate mixture, mixing after each addition.
- Cover and let chill at least 2 hours.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, and roll in powdered sugar.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F.
- for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.