Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
Just another version ... this recipe includes chocolate, coconut & oats. Makes enough to serve a crowd!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flaked coconut
- Bring butter, milk, sugar& water to a boil in saucepan, stirring occasionally.
- Boil& stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until sugar dissolves; stir in cocoa.
- Cool slightly.
- Stir in 2 cups of coconut, then oats and vanilla.
- Shape into 1 inch balls, roll in 1 1/2 cups coconut (in shallow dish/plate) then place on waxed paper.
We loved the end result on this one. Had a REALLY hard time forming them into balls, though. I eventually gave up and used 2 spoons to plop them onto the tray. Then I sprinkled coconut over the top. A nice no-bake type cookie. Thanks.
My whole family loves this dessert. I just LOVE making these. They are so addictive!!!!