Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
Who doesn't love a snickerdoodle? Well, here is a chocolate version - for all my card carrying chocoholic friends out there!! Prep time is not exact, and cook time is per cookie sheet.
Top Review by DuChick
Excellent cookie! I took Sjay93's advice to sub out 1/2 cup of white sugar for brown sugar to make a chewier cookie. All I had was *dark* chocolate cocoa, so used that hoping it would work out. It sure did! These are totally addicting and make up so fast that I had them mixed, baked and kitchen cleaned up in an hour. 30 perfect cookies. Thanks Skinny!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Beat 1 1/2 cups of sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Add flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa; mix well.
- In another bowl mix the 2 Tbs. sugar and cinnamon.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 8-10 min or until set. Immediately remove from cookie sheet.