Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Who doesn't love a snickerdoodle? Well, here is a chocolate version - for all my card carrying chocoholic friends out there!! Prep time is not exact, and cook time is per cookie sheet.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Beat 1 1/2 cups of sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Add flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa; mix well.
- In another bowl mix the 2 Tbs. sugar and cinnamon.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 8-10 min or until set. Immediately remove from cookie sheet.
Excellent cookie! I took Sjay93's advice to sub out 1/2 cup of white sugar for brown sugar to make a chewier cookie. All I had was *dark* chocolate cocoa, so used that hoping it would work out. It sure did! These are totally addicting and make up so fast that I had them mixed, baked and kitchen cleaned up in an hour. 30 perfect cookies. Thanks Skinny!
I added 1/2 tsp of mint extract and rolled them in peppermint sugar instead of cinnamon sugar. They were delicious; everyone loved them! Using a 1 tbsp disher (#50), I got 35 cookies.
Very good cookies. Made as directed except I used 3/4 cup cocoa and 2 cups of flour in order to make them more chocolate! I used a small size cookie scoop and got 54 cookies.Thanks to you for posting, SkinnyMinnie.