Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
These lacy chocolate-dipped wafers look crunchy and delicious. It's from the AUSTRALIAN GOURMET TRAVELLER: CHOCOLATE of which I derived from our local paper, Jude's Kitchen.
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons ground hazelnuts
- 6 ounces dark chocolate
- Melt unsalted butter, golden corn syrup and sugar in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until butter melts.
- Remove from heat; add flour and ground hazelnuts and mix well.
- Place quarter teaspoons of mixture 2 1/2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets and bake at 320 degrees F for about 5 minutes or until golden.
- Remove and cool on trays for 2-3 minutes or until firm, then carefully remove.
- Cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
- Melt dark chocolate.
- Dip half of each snap in melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off, then place on parchment-lined cookie sheets until set.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place for up to 2 days.