Recipe by pdxjosh
A chewy, chocolatey cookie that's good for snacking. I adapted this from a ginger snap recipe.
Top Review by CookingTimeForMe
These were good, but in order to get a stiff batter I had to add about 2.5 ounces of soymilk. And then they melted into these impossible-to-get-off-the-sheet blobs. But man were those blobs tasty!
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 ounce vegetable oil
- 1 ounce molasses
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce water or 1 ounce soymilk or 1 ounce milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- and grease or spray a cookie sheet.
- In a large bown, mix together sugar, vegetable oil, and molasses.
- Combine remaining dry ingredients and stir until there are no more streaks.
- Add dry ingredients to sugar mixture and blend thoroughly.
- The mixture will be dry.
- Add just enough water, soy milk, or milk to form a very stiff dough.
- Drop by the heaping teaspoon onto the cookie sheet, leaving at least 1 1/2 inches between cookies, since they will expand.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then immediately transfer to a rack to cool.