Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These little chocolate cookies are so cute. When you place the 3 whole pecans touching each other, (in a triangle shape)one for head and two others are the feet, then place the cookie dough on top and bake they look just like a little snapping turtle. This would make a fun project for kids.
- 1 (18 ounce) box Betty Crocker SuperMoist milk chocolate cake mix
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
- 1 (15 ounce) containercreamy deluxe chocolate frosting
- Heat oven to 375.
- Beat about half of the cake mix (dry), the shortening and eggs in large bowl on medium speed until smooth.
- Stir in remaining cake mix.
- For each cookie, place 3 pecan halves, with ends touching in center, on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place 1 teaspoon dough in center of each group of pecans.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes oruntil centers are slightly puffed and edges are set.
- Cool completely; remove from cookie sheet.
- Frost with frosting.