This is a quick snack cake and easy to put together. It makes a change to have cocoa instead of chocolate. I have had this from an old magazine (with my own changes) at least 10 years and I have made it often.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large bowl mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 2Add brown sugar to the dry ingredients and mix it all well.
- 3Add buttermilk, water, oil and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- 4Put into a greased 9-inch square cake pan.
- 5Bake in 350 deg.F oven for about 30 mins.until tester comes out clean.
- 6Let cool.
- 7Slit the cake and spread with the strawberry jam and then put the two pieces together.
- 8You can dust with icing sugar or add ice cream and believe you have a german forest cake!
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate snacker
Serving Size: 1 (840 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.2
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 187.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
unsweetened cocoa powder