Recipe by FLUFFSTER
Here's just a little snack cake that's really easy and really tasty. No fuss, no muss!
Top Review by Take a Letter Maria
I'm am not going to reveiw this recipe because I may have done something wrong, but the whole cake tasted like baking soda, so much so that we could not eat it and had to throw it away. I am not a professional baker so I don't know if 1 tsp. of baking soda is too much. Sorry this didn't work out the cake looked good though.
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour, brown sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt with fork in ungreased square pan, 8x8x2-inches.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until wooden toothpick poked in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired, or use icing of your choice, when cake cools.