Recipe by Sharon123
You probably have all the ingredients for this in your pantry! Chocolate is so popular everywhere, but really popular in the New England, Southern, Mid Atlantic and Mid Western states!
Top Review by LilPinkieJ
This was an excellent way to use up some candy bars leftover from Halloween! We used broken pieces of Hershey bars for the milk chocolate and chopped Snickers bars for the topping. This was a cross between a cake and a brownie. A bit dense, but not too chewy. DH thought it could use some frosting before putting the candy on top, but I think there is quite enough chocolate as it is. Made and Reviewed for 123 Hit Wonders Tag - Thanks! :)
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3 (2 ounce) Snickers candy bars, chocolate coated caramel peanut nougat bars cut into 1/4-inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first five ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add eggs and butter, stirring well. Stir in morsels.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13x9" pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or till a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle immediately with candy pieces.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars. Enjoy!