1/1 Photo of Chocolate Slice
limegreen cupcake's Note:
This recipe is easy to make and is very budget friendly. Its great for lunchboxes and makes a great after school snack. The recipe can be easily doubled or halved depending on how much you wish to make and can also be frozen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees c or 165 degrees for a fan forced oven.
- 2Grease and line a lamington tray with baking paper, I usually spray the pan with cooking spray and place a strip of baking paper across the middle section so that I can lift the slice out of the tin to cut it.This way your tin will not be damaged by the knife when you cut the slice.
- 3Sift the flour and cocoa into a mixing bowl. Add the coconut and the sugar and mix to combine.
- 4To the melted butter add the vanilla and then add this to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- 5place the mixture into the slice tin and spread out evenly, bake in the oven for 20 mins and then cool.
- 6To make the icing sift the icing sugar and the cocoa into a bowl and add the water and butter and mix well.
- 7Spread the icing over the top of the slice and cool in the fridge for an hour before slicing.
- 8To remove the slice from the tin,gently lift the baking paper at the sides and the slice will lift out easily. Place the slice on a cutting board and cut into squares.
- 9This slice can be kept in an airtight container for up to a week and can also be frozen for up to a month.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Slice
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 643.9
- Calories from Fat 359
- Total Fat 39.9 g
- Saturated Fat 26.3 g
- Cholesterol 91.9 mg
- Sodium 285.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 50.0 g
- Protein 3.8 g