Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe I made in my year 8 home economics class. It's the only thing I still make from that class! It's very easy and it's often requested whenever we have a 'bring a plate' day at work.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa (or more if preferred)
- 3⁄4 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- chocolate icing
- 1 1⁄4 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- Pre heat oven to 180°C Grease biscuit tin.
- Place dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Melt butter. Beat eggs well. Add to dry ingredients and stir well.
- Press into lamington tray and bake 10-15 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Spread icing on top of slice and put into fridge.
- Once the icing is set cut the slice into squares.