Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is chocolate heaven, everything I love in a slice - chocolate, chocolate and maybe a bit more chocolate. Your can substitute the raisins with dates, and the pecans with walnuts. TIP:To prevent crumbling when slicing, press buscuit base down firmly using a glass.
- 125 g butter
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup or 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup raisins, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 250 g chocolate biscuits, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 75 g dark chocolate, broken
- 150 g dark chocolate, melted
- 30 g Copha
- Line an 18cm x 28cm slab pan with baking paper.
- Melt butter and syrup in a saucepan on medium, stir in raisins and sugar, bring to boil, remove from heat, cool slightly and whisk in egg.
- In a large bowl, combine chocolate biscuits, pecans and 75g chocolate, stir in melted butter mixture.
- Press firmly into prepared pan, chill for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Make topping my melting 150g dark chocolate and copha in a saucepan on low, until melted and smooth.
- Spread over cold slice, chill until firm.
- Cut into squares and serve with coffee or tea.